One of the largest complaints when it comes to the Law of Attraction and the movie The Secret is that they don’t focus enough on one key element – Action. It makes sense that we can’t just sit on our couches and THINK a million dollars into reality so WHY does the Law of Attraction work and how can you make it work for your own situation?
When you begin to break down the Law of Attraction, the concept that like attracts like, you can see where the action piece comes in. “The Law of Attraction argues that active thoughts attract to it likened experiences.” – Wikipedia. We already have the active piece built in, thinking. However, let’s take it a step further.
Law of attraction really becomes powerful when the thoughts are actively controlled into a mechanism of thought that brings forth further action. Here’s the process.
- Gratitude – the act of being grateful requires thought. Gratitude for all of the little things in your life, specifically focusing on the small pieces of what you are trying to attract, requires conscious action. You must ponder that which you want and begin to see it existing in your life already. Example: Let’s say you want a new car. The first act is to focus on all of the wonderful things about the mode of transportation you currently have. Enjoy everything about it in every way. This might not be easy, particularly if you HATE your current car, but it is critical.
- Awareness – being grateful brings to your awareness all that is good within your life now and all the wonderful things that come into your life regularly. By consciously being grateful, you begin to see more wonderful opportunities present themselves within your life. It’s like when you do buy a new car and all of a sudden every third car on the road is the same model. Why didn’t you notice that before? Example: In your desire to own a new car, you began to focus on what you were grateful for in your current situation and began to enjoy riding the bus. You enjoyed meeting the people on the bus and the exercise of walking to the bus stop. You were then presented with a friend that wanted to sell their bike they never use. Though it isn’t a car, this is a step up to you. You recognized the opportunity and jumped on it.
- Seeking – Once you begin to be aware of the things that are coming your way through gratitude, you will start to seek out more opportunities. Now you aren’t only noticing those same model cars but actually taking action by looking for more of them as if you started your own game of punch bug with your model car! Example: Now that you have a wonderful bike, you begin to see the possibilities. You start asking friends and looking in the Auto-Trader and online for the car you want. You are actively seeking out what will move you forward in your goal.
- Adjust – Sometimes, as we begin to actively look for what we want and discover what it will take to acquire it, we must adjust. Sometimes we must adjust what we want based on the fact that we now have a clearer picture of what it will take to get it and sometimes we must adjust ourselves to become the person that can obtain what we truly want. Example: As you become aware of the prices of cars you are looking for, you may either need to adjust your current desire or increase the amount of money you have available in order to purchase that car.
- CELEBRATE!!! Often overlooked. We don’t celebrate our victories nearly enough. When the reward is great, the effort is worth it. Make the reward EXTRAORDINARY!
By following these steps, you will be putting the action into the Law of Attraction. It is a conscious process that takes more than just a passing thought.
Nicole Bandes is the bestselling author of Positivity on Purpose: Intentionally Create More Abundance, Wealth and Happiness. Go from negative, unhappy and miserable to positive, excited and extraordinary in just 30 days with her Positivity on Purpose Transformational Challenge beginning April 23rd. Learn more and register at http://goldeneaglescoaching.
Anyone can have a nice day, choose to Make it an AMAZING Day!